Printfriendly

Pinto Bean Casserole!



This "Pinto Bean Casserole" is one of those one dish meals I just love, because they are easy and the clean up is quick!  This one even has the cornbread in it!  You could add a tossed salad to this and dinner is served!   If your family likes beans and cornbread, they will more than likely love this!  


Here is what you will need:

1 lb. breakfast sausage
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 (15 oz.) cans pinto beans, drained
1 (10 oz.) can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
1 (10.5 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 box Jiffy cornbread mix (plus ingredients called for on the box)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a skillet, brown the sausage and onion together.  Drain any excess grease. Add the black pepper. Add the pinto beans, Rotel tomatoes with green chilies, cream of mushroom soup, and the shredded cheddar cheese.  Stir together and pour into a 9"x 13" baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.

In a bowl, mix the Jiffy cornbread mix according to the package directions, except slightly thinner. Use 1/2 cup milk instead of 1/3.  Pour over the top of the bean mixture, making sure to spread it to the edges.  Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.

This is so tasty and very filling!  Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. I know what I am having for supper tonight.. yummy .. !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. any substitute for mushroom soup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would use cream of celery because I cannot stand mushrooms!

      Delete
    2. Don't care for either mushrooms or celery...any other suggestions?

      Delete
  3. Here is my recipe for pinto beans casserole
    In my pan I layer my pintos then a layer on browned gambier meat then a jar of ragu chunky tomato garlic and onion spaghetti sauce then a layer of shredded cheese then I top it off with a pack of Mexican cornbread I cook it with the cornbread instructions. It’s great. My daughters add sour cream to theirs after it’s done.

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME HERE ON FACEBOOK FOR DAILY POSTS:

Follow Me on Pinterest